Various Types Of Entertainment
In the simplest terms, entertainment can be defined as any set of activities that give pleasure and delight to an audience and hold their interest and attention by giving them the opportunity to have a joyful time. Although there exist many different forms of entertainment, some of which can be actually quite serious in nature, entertainment, as a whole, has been mostly associated with the notion of fun and laughter.
Types of Entertainment:
The word “entertainment” generally gives rise to a lot of ideas, because, there indeed exists many forms of it. However, most of the time, only the well-known ones can potentially transcend the media and be remixed to create some innovative blend. Some of the many would include:
- Art Exhibitions: Nine out of ten times, art can easily pass as the most subjective yet widespread source of entertainment. Perhaps, it’s the subjectivity that allows one single piece of art can appeal to a bigger range of audiences.
- Movies: Much like art, movies are also one of the biggest sources of entertainment. What really makes movies a great source of entertainment is the fact that there is something for everyone. One can almost never go wrong when it comes to movies because mostly, there are limitless genres to explore from
- Music Concerts: The countless genres in this form of entertainment make it one that had been appreciated as much in the past as it is nowadays. The lyrics, which speak to so many people going through different stages of their lives, make it a timeless favorite.
Effects of Entertainment on the Society:
Just like everything else, entertainment comes as a package of both positive and negative influences.
- Positive: The most important positive effect of entertainment is that it encourages socialization. People often bond over their similar tastes in different forms of entertainment. Relief from stress is another reason. It is perhaps the very reason it became mainstream. Indulging in some form of entertainment is one of the best recharging processes there is. It also enables people to look beyond what they already know and dive into the vast unknown- different cultures, different languages, and whatnot.
- Negative: Most, if not all, kinds of entertainment play a part in reducing people’s attention span. It seduces the youth and keeps churning out the insatiable desire for more. It may even lead people to fantasize about some kind of dream world, with no relation to reality whatsoever, ultimately paving the way for temporary escapes that might not remain merely temporary after a passage of time.